Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > how to connect to networked printer
how to connect to networked printer

18063 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-18 10:45:00

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    yerena_auto_care
    2013-12-19 11:53:08
    Hello I've been trying to connect my network printer to my maxisys but to no avail, it seems that the option to connect to my device through wifi isn't even provided. If you could contact me at 7609562273 or yerenaautocare@gmail.com I would appreciate it. Thank you!

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Nash

2013-12-20 22:35:28

Install the sowtware cd disc that came with the maxisys then downlaod and install the maxisys pc suite update here: http://autel.us/updates/upmssys.htm

Make sure you have the lasest version of adobe loaded to your pc. And your printer and network settings enabled for sharing over their network. Be sure the printer app is launch when you want to print and you shoul be set for printing wirelessly from the maxisys.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    YESautomotive

2014-03-01 09:53:23

I am having the same problem. I do not have the option listed to print via wifi.

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    Gbones

2014-03-02 09:01:07 (Reply to:yerena_auto_care)

I had the same problem but after two days of messing with it I figured it out. Here is what I did. I hooked up my printer with latest version of printer drivers then installed latest version of adobe and made sure It was the right software for my form of windows which on my computer is windows 8 64 bit made sure the printer was printing and in as a default printer. Make sure the the program cd is installed and turn off your fire wall when you install then restart the computer. Boot up ms908 get your vehicle report print when it prompts you ok hit ok and it will print after print you can go into adobe and manage your reports from there for. PDF email and print. If this dose not work there is prob something wrong with the set up of software double check everything. This took me two days to figure out but since I did it works great and I love it . I is just a little bit of a learning curve 

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    Gbones

2014-03-02 09:51:28 (Reply to:Gbones)

I also downloaded the update on aultel web site for the pc suite .   Oh ya and I'm not sure if it has any thing to do with it but I was linked to wi fi Internet computer and the ms 908. And the prompt for wi fi print is not an option on my ms 908 either just the network link. The one thing I do not understand is why I can't  just upload my files and print this means that the only way I can print is from a saved file from my work computer. Which is a problem if your on the road and have to print in another shop. I wish there was a way to manage my files easy. It would be nice to be able to plug in the ms 908 into a pc or printer and manage files or print quickly. Mabe there is a way to do this if so I would like some help on this topic any one please advise. I have tried but have been unsuccessful .

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-03-02 14:20:01 (Reply to:Gbones)

Very odd, as with my 905 (after the pc suite install on my jobs Windows XP PC) I have
    no issues printing any documents. Be it a 'Report', 'live data', ext.
    However I do agree as we should be able to just plug in via USB to USB or even be able
    to remove the Micro SD & install the card to view the documents if saved.. However I
    have not done either as printing has not been and issue at work & I as of yet have not
    been to another shop were printing was required elsewhere..

My only issue is remaining the printer that is seen via my 905. As it only showes up as
    "WS".. No biggie yet an option within the software to rename the printer would be a
    nice touch..

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    Gbones

2014-03-27 21:35:34

If any one is still having problems printing also try this, go to control panel on pc go to Internet windows update and update windows to latest version. There are certain updates that will effect the printing upload and email network. Also if you do this and it still dose not work check your computer for softwhare that is unessary and uninstall what is not needed. Perhaps you installed a free adobe PDF reader and just clicked next next next, the program may have installed unwanted programs which can effect print and email. If you do down load free software be sure to do a custom install and choose what you want to install. Just a FYI. 

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    Gbones

2014-03-27 22:03:32 (Reply to:Gbones)

The computer has to be connected to a printer and the computer and the 908 both have to be connected to the Internet in order to print. You may experience a flash of the screen when a print uploads and sometimes it will not always print the first time sometimes I have to select the uploaded file in adobe and print from there. If hooked properly it should work like this. Select print then it will search printer then a prompt will identify your computer with your computers logged in name quickly tap on the name and a green check mark will appear, it will then search network and upload to adobe reader it should auto print.  If you hit print and it says printer not found that means poss Internet problem not connected or blocked of something scrambling Internet like two programs fighting each other.If you hit print and it finds network but then says up load failed then check windows update or adobe update. Just remember update update update. Technology moves so fast you have to keep up with the latest or sometimes there could be problems

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    matrixdiag

2015-09-18 10:45:00

Hello , I bought a suitcase Altar Maxisys MS908 I recorded on the Altar site on the référence Maxisys MY 908 .
    Can you tell me this MY is normal or not ?
    Best regards

Total1 Pages